Alpes du Sud Mérinos is a small Swiss company that manufactures children’s clothing made from merino wool. The company owner lives in Switzerland where the company is established, but she is originally from New Zealand. This proved to be a crucial factor in the logo design process. The logo was supposed to contain an element that would reflect the brand owner’s roots.
Therefore, I proposed to include the motif of Māori drawings and tattoos (the Māori are an indigenous ethnic group of New Zealand).
The logo combined the mentioned Māori tattoo motif with the image of mountains (the Alpes), drawn in children style.
The graphic mark contains 2 pairs of identical elements (mountains). A single element is used as a brand label attached to each item of clothing.
The logo and its main features were presented in simple guidelines.
The most important points and guidelines for the client are:
- Short description of the elements and of the story behind logo creation;
- Primary version;
- Horizontal version;
- Logo structure;
- Safe area;
- Minimum size for print and screen
- a. Logo colours: (RGB, CMYK, Pantone, Hex Color);
b. Black and white versions;
- Examples of other colours;
- Suggestions of logo background;
- Unacceptable distortions and alterations;
- Icons for the website and social media profile graphics (Instagram, Facebook)
In the course of our cooperation and brand development, new needs arise and subsequent brand identity components are created (special occasion cards, leaflet, clothing tags, information labels, social media posts).